Batavia RSVP, Inc.
RSVP is an inter-generational volunteer program that serves Batavians by identifying the needs of senior individuals within the community and then coordinating a volunteer response. The 501 (c)(3) not-for-profit group is directed and run by volunteers.
RSVP services include:
* Transportation for medical appointments and other essential trips, as well as local errands.
* Furnish information on services or programs available to seniors. Refer cases to United Way/Kane County 211 call center, as necessary.
* Installation and maintenance of smoke and carbon monoxide detectors in seniors' homes at no cost. Work with Batavia Fire Department to do annual battery change-outs.
* Helps eligible seniors pay for their prescription drugs, basic dental services and hearing aid batteries. (Medical Assistance Program - MAP)
* Installation of lock boxes (Fire Department emergency access) on seniors' homes at no cost.
The mission of Batavia RSVP is to provide services to residents of our community who are age 65 and older. The goal is to help seniors live independently and to maintain as high a quality of life as possible.
If you are willing to serve as a volunteer, please contact the RSVP office. Especially needed are licensed and insured drivers who are willing to provide transportation utilizing their own vehicles.
Also needed are volunteers to staff the RSVP office, and to implement the programs. We encourage you to call if you'd like to help - even if your abilities and interests don't match the services currently provided!
Please call us if you are a senior who needs help - or you know of one that may need our services. Phone: (630) 406-9993