Nominations for Batavia Citizen of the Year Sought
Award to be given at the Chamber’s annual Inspire awards recognition event in January.
September 21, 2020 – Is there a Batavia citizen who you believe exemplifies giving back to the community through outstanding service and dedication? If so, nominate them for the annual Batavia Citizen of the Year Award. The award honors extraordinary contributions to the community over the course of the recipient’s lifetime.
This person (or persons) will be the guest of honor at the Batavia Chamber of Commerce’s annual recognition event in January. The date and location of the Inspire 2021 event has not yet been finalized.
The Citizen of the Year Award is given to a local resident whose service and dedication have made a significant contribution to the community. Criteria for the award are:
- The nominee must reside, or have their business, in Batavia or Batavia Township.
- The nominee must have assisted in an improvement or program of significant value to the Batavia community.
- The improvement must be made as a result of a personal commitment and not substantially as a result of their primary employment or public responsibilities.
- The nominee may not currently be on the Board of Directors of the Batavia Chamber of Commerce.
- The nominee does not need to be a member of the Batavia Chamber of Commerce.
- The contributions of the nominee to the community should be of an extraordinary nature.
To nominate a deserving person, submit a letter of recommendation to the Batavia Chamber of Commerce no later than Friday, Nov. 13. The letter should state the reasons why the nominee is worthy of this honor. A committee of previous recipients of the award selects the Batavia Citizen of the Year based upon the letters of recommendation received.
The last 10 Batavia Citizen of the Year winners are Nanette (Nan) Phillips (2019), Georgene Kauth O’Dwyer (2018), Marcia Boyce (2017), Ed and Nancy Weiss (2016), Joanne Spitz (2015), J. Thomas “Tom” Von Lunen (2014), James (Jim) Hanson (2013), Steve and Britta McKenna (2012), Robert and Suzanne Peterson (2011), and Virginia C. Babcock (2010).
Contact Margaret Perreault, president and CEO of the Batavia Chamber of Commerce via email firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (630) 879-7134 for more information.
About Batavia Chamber of Commerce:
A local business-centered organization, the Batavia Chamber of Commerce sponsors or is involved with several annual Batavia events; including the Annual Mayor’s Breakfast, Citizen of the Year/Ole Awards Event, and much more. The president and CEO is Margaret Perreault. Membership and information about upcoming Chamber and community events are available online at bataviachamber.org or by calling (630) 879-7134.