- Job Description Summary
The Maintenance Manager is a department manager within the Project Team responsible for the repair and maintenance of vehicles and equipment assigned to DuPage/Kane ADA Paratransit. This classification is distinguished from the Director of Maintenance, which has responsibility for overall department management across several locations.
Job location 1798 Hagemann Dr. Batavia, IL
- Job Description
- Plans, coordinates, and directs the activities, staffing, and operations of the maintenance and repair of SCR vehicles and equipment; oversees and/or participates in the development, implementation, and maintenance of the Fleet Maintenance goals, objectives, policies, and procedures; ensures that goals are achieved
- Performs and oversees activities related to the acquisition, utilization, repair, preventative maintenance, and replacement of the vehicle fleet; assures adequate levels of personnel, supplies, and equipment to complete department activities; initiates and authorizes requisitions for parts and supplies; coordinates response to emergency needs
- Coordinates the orientation, training, and evaluation program for Fleet Maintenance personnel; provides or coordinates staff training; identifies and resolves staff deficiencies; fulfills discipline procedures
- Oversees, updates, and maintains the computerized maintenance program for the Fleet Department
- Oversees and participates in the development of the maintenance budget
- Participates in the forecast of necessary funds for staffing, materials, and supplies coordinates with other department staff to determine needs and provides recommendations concerning vehicle and equipment purchases; prepares and assures purchases comply with equipment and vehicle specifications
- Directs and participates in the preparation and maintenance of a variety of narrative and statistical reports, records, and files related to vehicle inspections, maintenance, repairs, personnel, financial activity, and assigned duties; Prepares and presents staff reports and other necessary documents or correspondence to appropriate boards, groups and/or committees; coordinates fleet maintenance activities with other departments and Client staff
- Assures the shop area, equipment and materials are maintained in a safe, clean, and orderly fashion and assures the security of storage and repair facilities
- Establishes positive working relationships with representatives of community organizations, state/local agencies and associations, City management and staff, and the public
- A minimum of five years experience in the public or private sector is required for this position.
- Knowledge of Federal Transit Administration (FTA) regulations and National Transit Database (NTD) reporting is necessary.
- The ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with employees, customers, and the general public is essential.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- The ability to effectively manage a team of maintenance technicians is essential.
- A bachelor's degree in business administration, engineering, or a related field is preferred but not required.
- minimum five years of recent experience managing fixed route or paratransit fleet;
- experience maintaining a fleet of 70 buses or more;
- experience developing, implementing and maintaining a qualified maintenance program;
- experience with Eldorado or equivalent paratransit or fixed route buses; and
- completion of all Automotive Service Excellence certifications (A1-A9, H8) or equivalent
- manufacturer training and certifications related to Pace vehicle operations.
Using hands to write, use a computer, operate a motor vehicle, use a handheld device and telephone. Reading documents, writing legibly, talking, hearing. Frequent variations of sitting, walking, standing, kneeling, reaching, or stooping. Normal color vision, in addition to good close-up vision either normal or corrected.
Job Search in Illinoishttps://www.illinoisjobnetwork.com/