Position Summary: The primary function of the dispatch department is to maintain organized efficient routes that will ensure the safe and efficient operation of all Drivers while in revenue service. Dispatchers provide customer service by assisting the drivers to get our passengers on time and give them the most direct trip possible. A major challenge for this position is remaining flexible to ensure that performance goals are met in spite of operational challenges such as: vehicle shortages, staffing levels, and inclement weather conditions.
- Schedule and dispatch drivers, vehicles or equipment to appropriate locations according to predetermined schedules, customer requests or immediate needs.
- Relay information such as work orders or other messages to and from drivers and driving assistants.
- Daily close monitoring of subscription trips
- Monitoring of transfer trips to ensure connection in the most efficient manner.
- Use telephones, two-way radios or text messages to contact employees and Call Center.
- Speak with supervisors or customers to resolve problems, requests for services or equipment.
- Prepare daily work such as schedules.
- Prepare work orders for crew or receiving work orders from work crews.
- Facilitate communications within company assigned territories.
- Keep and organize work requests, customer requests, completed work requests, charges for work performed, expenses for services performed, inventory records and other information.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Specific Tech/Job Related Skills:
• One (1) year of transportation experience
• High School Diploma
• Computer skills, specifically Microsoft Office
• Operational knowledge of Paratransit or Transportation Industries
• Strong Customer Service, verbal/written communication, and problem-solving skills.
• Strong sense of direction and map/navigation skills
Job Search in Illinoishttps://www.illinoisjobnetwork.com/