WHAT IS HAPPENING AT THE CHAMBER?
Content goes here!
Assistant ManagerThe Tea Tree is seeking a responsible Assistant Manager to help organize and oversee the efficiency of our sales floor in both our Batavia and Plainfield locations. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing relationships with our customers and providing training and support to our Sales Associates. Behind the scenes, the Assistant Manager will oversee retail operations, including monitoring inventory, assisting in ordering based on demand and visual merchandising. Our ideal candidate will have retail manager skills with a sharp business mindset. You should also be skilled at organizing and solving problems. Ultimately, the duties of the Assistant Manager are to make sure our stores operate effectively, and that we continue to make our customers feel welcome.*RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Manage the shop floor and sales team to ensure customers always come first.
- Maintain inventory by checking merchandise and determine inventory levels
- Assist in employee recruiting, training and development.
- Ensure store schedules and objectives are met by employees
- Train and learn about the products to provide customers information, answer questions, complete payment transactions and prepare online orders.
- Research emerging products and use information to update merchandise
- Maintain a safe and clean store
- Assist the Owner in organizing, planning and implementing strategies
- Act as our store’s representative and set an example for our staff
- 2+ years' experience in retail operations
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to maintain a customer-focused environment
- Basic math skills
- Able to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Willing to work a flexible schedule of days, evenings, weekends, and non major holidays
- Able to stand for an 8-hour shift
- Proven experience as a Retail Assistant Manager or similar position
- Proficient user of MS Office (MS Excel in particular)
- Leadership and organizational abilities
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Problem-solving attitude
- Flexibility to work in shifts
- Ability to lift 45 lbs