WHAT IS HAPPENING AT THE CHAMBER?
Content goes here!
Therapist / Family Services Department
Position: Therapist / Family Services Department
FLSA Classification: Non-exempt / Full-Time
Location: Aurora IL
Application Deadline: Continuous until position is filled
Program Description: Mutual Ground, Inc. provides services to individuals and families impacted by domestic violence, sexual violence and substance use. MGI provides trauma-informed, victim-centered services that focus on safety, stability and hope.
Provide individual counseling for child, adolescent and teen victims of domestic and sexual violence. Design and implement group and family services that increase parenting skills and mitigate the effects of childhood trauma.
• Master’s degree in social work, counseling or other behavioral health field;
• Bilingual Spanish-speaking strongly preferred;
• 60-Hour Domestic and Sexual Violence Training Certificate;
• DCFS training and mandated reporter certificate;
• Experience with childhood trauma issues and treatment;
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing;
• Excellent crisis intervention and problem-solving skills;
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to maintain professional boundaries;
• Computer proficiency;
• Reliable transportation and a clean driving record;
• Acceptance and respect for diversity of culture, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ability, and religious belief.
Examples of Duties
• Assess the social and emotional needs of child, adolescent and teen clients and develop case plans.
• Conduct family assessments and develop service plans that integrate the needs of all family members, as well as the needs of the family unit.
• Provide individual and group counseling to child, adolescent and teen clients.
• Provide advocacy services on behalf of youth in the areas of health, education and recreation.
• Provide parental support and coaching to increase positive interactions between the non-offending parent and child.
• Teach, model and reinforce healthy and effective parenting strategies.
• Support healthy, age-appropriate communication between family members.
• Act as a liaison between Mutual Ground and area schools to facilitate transition of residential children.
• Provide counseling in area schools.
• Supervise play groups designed to help young children, ages birth to 5 years, improve their social-emotional functioning.
• Organize activities and special events that stimulate children's physical, emotional, intellectual, and social growth.
• Transport children and families to activities and community events.
• Process intakes for both residential and non-residential clients.
• Provide crisis intervention to victims of domestic and sexual violence.
• Network within the community to develop social resources.
• Input accurate and complete client data into agency database; maintain accurate case notes and files.
• Participate in regular staff meetings, staff training programs and supervisory sessions.
• Contribute to the development of positive team relations.
• Provide domestic and sexual violence education to volunteers/new-hires and the larger community as needed.
• Provide advocacy to victims of domestic and sexual violence at local emergency departments.
How to Apply
Submit cover letter and resume to Samantha Hoover, Family Services Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Persons of color and LGBTQ+ persons are encouraged to apply. MGI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Selection will be based solely on merit and will be without discrimination on the basis of age, race, religion, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, or mental or physical disability.