WHAT IS HAPPENING AT THE CHAMBER?
Content goes here!
Part-Time Case Manager
Lazarus House is a homeless shelter located in downtown Saint Charles, IL. We are a 24-hour program that serves men, women, and children in need of a safe place to stay. We provide shelter, meals, showers, laundry, case management, as well as educational and employment classes to all who enter our doors. We have an emergency shelter & a transitional living program.
We also have Homeless Prevention Service (HPS) programs to assist people to stay in their own homes.
This position includes:
* Consistent Case Management with clients in our Homeless Prevention programs. Includes budgeting assistance and maintenance of client files.
* Screen incoming calls for rent & utility assistance inquires.
* Confidentiality is a must.
* Assist the HPS Manager on various projects, as time permits.
Flexible schedule of 12 hours per week, Tuesdays through Thursdays.
Applicant Education & Experience
- High School Degree or equivalent required.
- Background in Mental Health and/or Addiction Recovery a plus.
- Preferred experience working with the economically disadvantaged, and/or those with mental health illnesses and/or addiction.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish a plus.
Applicant Skills & Abilities
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrate intermediate skills with the standard features of various personal computer work processing and spreadsheet software (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook and the Internet).
• Ability to speak, read and write English fluently and clearly.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the guests, employees, agencies and other non-profit organizations, and the public, using strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to work with professional independence within the policies established by the Board of Directors and Lazarus House.
• Ability to use sound judgment in crisis situations and to make wise decisions when unable to contact a supervisor or someone else for guidance.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and in a timely manner.
• Ability to handle confidential material and information in an ethical, professional manner.
• Possession of a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance.
To apply, please email your resume to Info@LazarusHouse.net.