Homeless Prevention Grants Manager
Lazarus House is a 24/7 homeless shelter located in downtown Saint Charles, IL that serves men, women, and children in need of a safe shelter or assistance to stay in their homes. Our Homeless Prevention Services include four government funded programs to assist eligible clients to avoid homelessness.
Are you looking for a rewarding position? Somewhere you can make a difference in people's lives? Please read on and see if this is a position for you!
The Homeless Prevention Grants Manager is responsible for utilizing trauma-informed care in working with emergency and rental assistance applicants, and current Lazarus House guests who are ready to transition to independent housing set achievable goals, obtain support to meet their goals and help them to continue their independent living.
The HPG Manager oversees all the day-to-day processes of the following government grants programs for Lazarus House:
- Illinois Housing Development Agency (IHDA) Rental Housing Support Program (RHSP); Lazarus House is the Local Administering Agency (LAA)
- Illinois Department of Human Services (IDHS) Homeless Prevention Grant
- HUD Emergency Shelter Grant, Rapid Re-Housing, which is handled through IDHS; includes monthly case management
- HUD Permanent Supportive Housing Grant (PSH)
The HPG Manager supervises, trains and supports the two part-time PSH Case Managers.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor of Science in Social Work from an accredited college/university or equivalent combination of experience and education that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Minimum of five (5) years Human Services experience working with the economically disadvantaged, and/or those with mental health illnesses and/or addiction.
- Minimum of two (2) years supervisory experience.
- Certification in Substance Abuse a plus.
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus.
If you are interested in this important role, please submit a cover letter and resume today! Email AdminMgr@LazarusHouse.net.
Complete job description available upon request.