WHAT IS HAPPENING AT THE CHAMBER?
Content goes here!
Direct Support Professional (DSP) - Day Program
Since 1961, The Association for Individual Development (AID) has served individuals with developmental, intellectual, physical and/or mental health challenges, those who have suffered a trauma, and those at risk. As a non-profit organization, our mission is to empower people with physical, developmental, intellectual, and mental health challenges to enjoy lives of dignity and purpose. We are looking for Direct Support Professional – Day DOC who exemplify that mission, and who want to work for an organization that makes a difference.
What will you be doing?
- Works directly with the Behavioral Services’ team members
- Trains staff members in the implementation of behavior protocols
- Aids and assists both staff and clients to assure adherence to these programs, in community living, day, and vocational programs with clients whose behaviors necessitate intensive intervention. Implementing individual plan goals and objectives for clients
- Planning goals and objectives, under the direction of a QIDP
- Completing daily documentation of services provided to clients
- Assuring client rights, dignity, and privacy, while maintaining a clean and safe environment
- Familiarizing oneself and maintaining all applicable program and agency regulations
- Functioning as a member of the interdisciplinary team
What will you bring to the table?
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A valid Illinois driver’s license and automobile insurance
- Previous experience working with persons with intellectual and/or developmental and/or behavioral health disabilities (preferred)
- Experience working with people requiring specialized behavioral supports (preferred)
What will we bring to the table?
- Tuition reimbursement
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Employer-paid life insurance plan
- Employer-paid short-term and long-term disability plan
- Holiday pay
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Employer-paid critical illness plan
What are the other requirements?
- Navigation of stairs
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Maintaining required certifications and other relevant trainings
- The use of your personal vehicle or agency vehicles to transport clients
- Completion of DHS-approved DSP training, if not already obtained
If we seem like a good fit, consider joining our growing team of compassionate, hardworking, and caring individuals, and start your path toward a fulfilling career that you can be proud of.