WHAT IS HAPPENING AT THE CHAMBER?
Content goes here!
Clinical Manager, Addiction Services (Breaking Free)
Position: Clinical Manager, Addiction Services (Breaking Free)
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt/Full Time
Location: Aurora, IL
Application Deadline: Continuous until position is filled
Program Description: Breaking Free, an outpatient drug and alcohol treatment center in Aurora, is committed to helping individuals and families impacted by substance use rebuild their lives and reach their full potential.
The Clinical Manager, Addiction Services is responsible for leading and supervising a team of counselors. The position provides oversight and coordination of professional, administrative and clinical activities. Specific responsibilities include program development and management, supervision of staff and establishment of positive community relations through ongoing collaboration and communication with relevant professionals and agencies. The position requires a balance of clinical and administrative leadership.
- LCSW or LCPC;
- 3+ years substance use treatment experience;
- Clinical supervisory experience;
- Strong leadership skills;
- Outstanding analytical and problem solving skills;
- Creativity and enthusiasm for developing and implementing new programs;
- Excellent crisis intervention and problem solving skills;
- Superior verbal and oral communication skills;
- Acceptance and respect for diversity of culture, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ability, and religious belief.
Examples of Duties
- Provide clinical supervision to a team of counselors and therapists.
- Provide direct administrative supervision to assigned staff including recruitment, selection, training, mentorship, performance evaluation, and discipline.
- Ensure that delivery practices are guided by the principles of trauma informed care and the principles of addiction treatment.
- Monitor, coach, and direct clinical team on implementing strategies to reach performance measurement benchmarks.
- Promote professional development of staff through teaching, modeling and the development of structured learning opportunities.
- Teach and monitor delivery and documentation of services to ensure that contractual obligations are met in accordance with Federal, State, and Local standards.
- Maintain all licensing standards, accreditation and credentialing.
- Carry out program management activities such as planning, staffing, program development, program implementation, quality assurance and quality improvement.
- In collaboration with program managers and directors, participate in agency-wide program development and evaluation to ensure that Mutual Ground/Breaking Free programs are effective, efficient, and consistent with the organization’s mission and goals.
- Analyze data and prepare reports to evaluate services, capacity, and in response to requests by senior leadership and funders.
- Provide individual, family and group counseling, as needed.
- Provide crisis intervention on the phone and in person.
- Network within the community to develop social resources.
- Participate in management meetings, training programs and supervisory sessions.
- Contribute to the development of positive team relations within the department and across MGI.
- Provide education about addiction and recovery to volunteers/new-hires and the larger community as needed.
How to Apply
Submit a cover letter and resume to Alisa Neary, Director of Strategy and Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Persons of color and LGBTQ+ persons are encouraged to apply. Mutual Ground/Breaking Free is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Selection will be based solely on merit and will be without discrimination because of age, race, religion, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, or mental or physical disability.