WHAT IS HAPPENING AT THE CHAMBER?
Content goes here!
Human Resources Payroll & Benefits Coordinator
The Aurora Civic Center Authority (ACCA), an innovative organization located on Stolp Island in the Fox River in the heart of the richly diverse community of historic Aurora, Illinois (one hour from downtown Chicago), is seeking a Human Resources Payroll and Benefits Coordinator. ACCA is the parent organization, which also includes a 501(c)3 arm under the name of Paramount Arts Centre, Inc. It operates three performance venues: the 6,000-person RiverEdge Park, the 1,843-seat landmark Paramount Theatre, and the 165-seat Copley Theatre. ACCA produces and presents over 300 performances each year, including star-studded touring productions and a self-produced Broadway Series of musicals for an annual audience of 350,000 patrons from over 250 communities. ACCA proudly operates the Paramount School of the Arts in the new John C. Dunham Aurora Arts Center, right next door to Paramount Theatre in downtown Aurora, and the company looks forward to producing a new, Bold Series of plays and musicals in the newly renovated Copley Theatre beginning in the 2021-2022 season. Paramount Theatre also hosts free community events, $1 Classic Movie Mondays and its opulent interiors provide a spectacular backdrop for private functions such as wedding receptions or corporate galas. Across the street from Paramount Theatre are the gorgeous Meyer Ballrooms which play host to multiple wedding receptions and rental events throughout the year.
The Aurora Civic Center Authority is committed to being a defining catalyst for personal and community transformation by:
- making the performing arts accessible for every age and socioeconomic background,
- introducing the magic of live theater across generations to encourage expansive imaginations and broad views of people and the world,
- and contributing to the future stability and growth of Aurora’s downtown.
The highest purpose of any theater is to inspire its community toward a more perfect humanity. Such humanity can exist only when every member of the community is included and valued, empowered and heard. To express this truth, ACCA commits its leaders, volunteers, artists and staff to the active, continual and accountable pursuit of the following principles: equity, inclusion and diversity.
ACCA truly believes and lives by its mission statement and its commitment to equity, social justice and inclusion.
DEPARTMENT – Finance and Human Resources
DIRECT REPORTING –Human Resources and Risk Management Manager and taking direction from VP of Finance and Human Resources
WORKS CLOSELY WITH – All departments of the organization
POSITION STATUS & SCHEDULE – Full time exempt; generally 8-9 hour days Monday-Friday; some evenings and weekends
COMPENSATION – Annual salary with excellent benefits package including health, paid time off, and 401k
HIRE DATE – late May or early June 2021
POSITION SUMMARY – The Human Resources Payroll and Benefits Coordinator will support HR practices including biweekly and weekly payroll, benefits coordination, onboarding and new hire orientation, and other HR related responsibilities. As an organization, ACCA is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion. The Human Resources Payroll and Benefits Coordinator will take on an active role to help our organization move forward and be a part of this commitment, as well as to help ACCA consider and implement good practice on equity, diversity and inclusion across all work.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES –
- Conduct weekly and biweekly payrolls to ensure accurate and timely payroll; collaborate with all ACCA departments to gain accurate payroll submissions; coordinate with UKG (formerly UltiPro) to resolve issues as they arise.
- Submit Union Reports and 401k contributions/matches to appropriate agencies
- Be proactive and informed on all new legislation
- Facilitate the onboarding process for new employees to ensure they receive all the appropriate documents, orientation, and training.
- Data entry and maintenance in HRIS system to ensure accurate employee files, organization charts, contact lists, etc.
- Run reports to ensure data is imported in the accounting system accurately and to help departments stay on budget
- Enter and maintain all employee benefits with multiple plans and carriers including medical, vision, dental, FSA, PTO, 401k, supplemental coverage, etc.
- Coordinate, educate, and enroll new hire benefits as well as the annual Open Enrollment process
- Work with vendors and broker for all Affordable Care Act changes, reports, and filing the 1094 and 1095
- Act as equity, diversity, and inclusion liaison between EDI leadership team and ACCA leadership
- Create and implement regular and robust EDI training program that reaches all levels of the organization
- Manage required sexual harassment prevention training as directed by the State of Illinois for every ACCA employee; ensure training completion by all employees; maintain current training tracking records
- Create & implement program for new hire orientation trainings and onboarding to ensure a successful and inclusive start for each new hire
- Provide advice, assistance and follow-up on organization policies, procedures, and documentation ensuring consistent application of policy
In addition to the duties listed above, ACCA expects the following of each employee: adheres to ACCA’s policies and procedures; works in a safe manner; performs duties as workload necessitates; maintains a positive and respectful attitude; communicates regularly with supervisor about department issues; demonstrates efficient time management and prioritizes workload; demonstrates regular and consistent attendance and punctuality; meets productivity standards; participates in ACCA events as needed or required; and completes other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Detail-oriented, highly organized; able to prioritize, set and meet goals and deadlines and to produce accurate work
- Strong communication, administrative, and computer skills
- Professional attitude and a team player
- Ability to collaborate and maintain good working relationships with colleagues throughout the organization and externally
- Proactively communicate changes effectively across the organization
- Resourceful; problem solve effectively
- Ability to exercise considerable judgment and discretion in establishing and maintaining confidentiality
- Supportive of the mission of Aurora Civic Center Authority and its commitment to equity, social justice and inclusion
- Be a steward of our values and working environment, creating and nurturing a culture of growth, emotional safety, and accessibility
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Familiarity with payroll processing software; experience with UKG (formerly UltiPro) a plus but not required
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a cover letter and resume using the online job application at https://paramountaurora.com/opportunities/
Or mail/drop off to:
Aurora Civic Center Authority, ATTN: Margie Isaacson, 8 East Galena Blvd., Suite 230, Aurora, IL 60506
ACCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment, and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability status, marital or familial status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ACCA encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, women, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, veterans, and others who are eager to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.