Operational Cleaning Staff Supervisor
The Aurora Civic Center Authority (ACCA), an innovative organization located on Stolp Island in the Fox River in the heart of the richly diverse community of historic Aurora, Illinois (one hour from downtown Chicago), is seeking an Operational Cleaning Staff Supervisor. ACCA is the parent organization, which also includes a 501(c)3 arm under the name of Paramount Arts Centre, Inc. It operates three performance venues: the 6,000-person RiverEdge Park, the 1,843-seat landmark Paramount Theatre, and the 165-seat Copley Theatre. ACCA produces and presents over 300 performances each year, including star-studded touring productions and a self-produced Broadway Series of musicals for an annual audience of 350,000 patrons from over 250 communities. ACCA proudly operates the Paramount School of the Arts in the new John C. Dunham Aurora Arts Center, right next door to Paramount Theatre in downtown Aurora, and the company looks forward to producing a new, Bold Series of plays and musicals in the newly renovated Copley Theatre beginning in the 2021-2022 season. Paramount Theatre also hosts free community events, $1 Classic Movie Mondays and its opulent interiors provide a spectacular backdrop for private functions such as wedding receptions or corporate galas. Across the street from Paramount Theatre are the gorgeous Meyer Ballrooms which play host to multiple wedding receptions and rental events throughout the year.
The Aurora Civic Center Authority is committed to being a defining catalyst for personal and community transformation by:
- making the performing arts accessible for every age and socioeconomic background,
- introducing the magic of live theater across generations to encourage expansive imaginations and broad views of people and the world,
- and contributing to the future stability and growth of Aurora’s downtown.
ACCA truly believes and lives by its mission statement and its commitment to equity, social justice and inclusion.
DEPARTMENT – Front of House Operations
DIRECT REPORTING – Operational Cleaning Manager
WORKS CLOSELY WITH – All Departments
POSITION STATUS & SCHEDULE – Full-time, hourly; hours vary and include evenings and weekends and are event dependent
COMPENSATION – $20.00 per hour with excellent benefits package including health, paid time off.
HIRE DATE – Immediate
POSITION SUMMARY – Supervise Operational Cleaning Staff who maintain and care for all of ACCA’s facilities.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES –
- In conjunction with the Operational Cleaning Manager, meets with staff to discuss schedules and assignments, staff development and training needs
- Trains, coordinates and supervises the Operational Cleaning staff to maintain an orderly, safe, and efficient cleaning operation
- Assigns work to employees, following material and work requirements
- Ensures the proper use and care of equipment and safe use of a variety of cleaning supplies
- Develops and implements procedures and ensures that established standards and procedures are followed, including daily review and inspection of work performed
- Ensures use of properly diluted chemicals; use and maintenance of the right cleaning equipment and supplies for each area
- Ensures adherence to all applicable health and safety regulations
- Reports safety or security violations immediately to manager
- Observes facilities and reports maintenance deficiencies and items in need of repair, ensures timely follow-up occurs to remedy any identified deficiencies
- Appropriately respond to unique or unusual situations as they arise
- Have the ability to delegate and the willingness to grow in position through training
- Responsible for the day to day cleaning and upkeep of multiple locations. This primarily includes the Paramount Theatre, North Island Center, Paramount School of the Arts, RiverEdge Park, Scene Shop, Rehearsal space, Myer Ballrooms and Copley Theatre
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS and ABILITIES –
- One to three years of cleaning and supervisory experience
- Desire to provide high quality experiences and facilities to the community
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills, coupled with strong communication skills and have the ability to represent Aurora Civic Center Authority
- Ability to lift/carry 25+ pounds
- Manual dexterity and strength to operate power operated machines
- Ability to work weekdays, weekends and holidays, including overnight hours
- Ability to work both inside and outside environmental conditions
- Stamina, good physical condition
- Ability to be on your feet for extended periods of time
- Detail oriented and conscientiousness
- Self-motivated and the ability to identify and complete needed tasks without direct supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Provide exemplary customer service to all patrons and event attendees
- Handle stressful situations calmly, rationally, and tactfully
- Ability to work independently and take initiative with little direction
- Able to assess a situation and proactively manage problems
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a cover letter and resume using the online job application at https://paramountaurora.com/opportunities/
Or mail/drop off to: Aurora Civic Center Authority, ATTN: Elliot Samartano, 8 East Galena Blvd., Suite 230, Aurora, IL 60506
ACCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment, and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability status, marital or familial status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ACCA encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, women, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, veterans, and others who are eager to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.