For 60 years, BEI Properties has been a Real Estate Solutions leader with the Greater Fox River Valley, headquartered in Batavia, IL.
With many owned and managed properties, including a diverse mix of residential, retail, commercial, and industrial buildings, BEI Employees are active and support their local communities, organizations and non-profits.
BEI has exciting open opportunities for team players that live and demonstrate our “Humble, Hungry, and Smart” company culture.
Humble: Humble team members are quick to point out the contributions of others and slow to seek attention for their own. They share credit, emphasize team over self and define success collectively rather than individually.
Hungry: Hungry team members are self-motivated and diligent. They are constantly thinking about the next step and the next opportunity.
Smart: Smart team members are interpersonally appropriate and aware. They have good judgment and intuition around the subtleties of group dynamics and the impact of their words and actions.
The Maintenance Technician’s position is full-time, with benefits, a company vehicle, with office hours from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., and requires the ability to maintain a valid Driver’s License.
Summary of Responsibilities:
To service, maintain, and improve serviced properties in a prompt, professional manner through superior technical knowledge and a very strong motivation to do whatever it takes to keep properties in their best possible condition.
Maintain up to date training in fields of expertise (HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, etc.)
- Must be neat and presentable at all times (this position frequently interacts with Tenants and is often the “face” of Batavia Enterprises, Inc.).
- Ability to deliver outstanding customer service both internally and externally with Tenants.
- General knowledge of the mechanical workings of the building, both interior and exterior.
- Understand sub-contract work and possess the ability to supervise/review the work so that it is completed properly.
- Possess the ability to confidently work alone on single-person jobs.
- Information Technology: Must have a strong working knowledge of email, Microsoft Office programs, and preferably, Appfolio, BEI’s online work order ticketing system.
- Perform scheduled preventive maintenance procedures, while maintain records of same, on building mechanical equipment.
- Check all electrical problems and repair or supervise repairs by outside contractors.
- Perform general electrical repairs as needed: i.e. replace faulty power cords/plug, outlets/circuit breakers, change lighting ballasts, electrical switches, minor wiring, etc. Repair, maintain and replace interior and exterior lights.
- General working knowledge of HVAC equipment for the sake of troubleshooting and diagnosing issues.
- Performs outside custodial duties as needed, such as minor landscape clean-up, snow removal, pressure wash sidewalks, general building and grounds cleaning, etc.
- Assist in the supervision of snow plowing contractors. Remove snow as assigned from sidewalks and other areas where shoveling is necessary. Provide salting treatment in areas where it is required.
- Know the locations and routine inspections on the following systems for various company owned and managed properties:
- HVAC systems
- Sprinkler systems
- Primary & secondary electrical systems
- Domestic water systems
- Sanitary sewer systems
- Storm sewer systems
- Fire alarms
- Perform roof-walks, checking for problems such as leaks, debris, and construction faults.
- Responsible to see that company vehicles and company equipment are properly maintained and cared for.
- Maintain and repair all minor plumbing problems, including plugged sinks and toilets, replacement of broken toilets, sinks and replacement or repair of electric hand dryers.
- Help supplement the outside cleaning service as needed for common hallways, restrooms and parking lots as assigned by supervisor.
- Maintain up-to-date work ticket service records in BEI’s online ticketing system.
Maintain a valid Driver’s License.
Education, Experience, and Skill Required:
- High School diploma.
- Mechanical expertise – full building knowledge
- Well-developed interpersonal skills. Ability to get along well with diverse personalities, tactful, mature, and flexible.
- Ability to operate independently and “self-manage” projects.
- Results and profit-oriented with the ability to balance other business considerations.
- Strong analytical and reasoning abilities.
We are large enough to make a difference but small enough to assure your voice is heard. BEI prides itself on being an organization where every person and position matters.
What you’ll love about us:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Profit-Sharing Plan
- Bonus Plan
- Tickets to Community Events
- Local Gym Membership
- Paid Time Off