WHAT IS HAPPENING AT THE CHAMBER?
Content goes here!
The Aurora Civic Center Authority (ACCA), an innovative organization located on Stolp Island in the Fox River in the heart of the richly diverse community of historic Aurora, Illinois (one hour from downtown Chicago), is seeking a Partnerships Manager. ACCA is the parent organization, which also includes a 501(c)3 arm under the name of Paramount Arts Centre, Inc. It operates three performance venues: the 6,000-person RiverEdge Park, the 1,843-seat landmark Paramount Theatre, and the 165-seat Copley Theatre. ACCA produces and presents over 300 performances each year, including star-studded touring productions and a self-produced Broadway Series of musicals for an annual audience of 350,000 patrons from over 250 communities. ACCA proudly operates the Paramount School of the Arts in the new John C. Dunham Aurora Arts Center, right next door to Paramount Theatre in downtown Aurora, and the company looks forward to producing a new, Bold Series of plays and musicals in the newly renovated Copley Theatre beginning in the 2021-2022 season. Paramount Theatre also hosts free community events, $1 Classic Movie Mondays and its opulent interiors provide a spectacular backdrop for private functions such as wedding receptions or corporate galas. Across the street from Paramount Theatre are the gorgeous Meyer Ballrooms which play host to multiple wedding receptions and rental events throughout the year.
The Aurora Civic Center Authority is committed to being a defining catalyst for personal and community transformation by:
- making the performing arts accessible for every age and socioeconomic background,
- introducing the magic of live theater across generations to encourage expansive imaginations and broad views of people and the world,
- and contributing to the future stability and growth of Aurora’s downtown.
The highest purpose of any theater is to inspire its community toward a more perfect humanity. Such humanity can exist only when every member of the community is included and valued, empowered and heard. To express this truth, ACCA commits its leaders, volunteers, artists and staff to the active, continual and accountable pursuit of the following principles: equity, inclusion and diversity.
ACCA truly believes and lives by its mission statement and its commitment to equity, social justice and inclusion.
DEPARTMENT – Education and Community Engagement
DIRECT REPORTING – Director of Education and Community Engagement
WORKS CLOSELY WITH – Programs Manager, School Manager, and other organization wide departments
POSITION STATUS & SCHEDULE – Full time exempt; generally, 8-9 hour days Monday-Friday; extended hours during productions and on presented event days; some weekends, evenings and holidays.
COMPENSATION – Annual salary with excellent benefits package including health, dental, vision, paid time off, and 401(k)
HIRE DATE – July 1, 2021
POSITION SUMMARY – The ideal candidate will possess the ability to cultivate and maintain partnerships with surrounding school districts, groups, and organizations to foster positive relationships with Paramount School of the Arts (PSA), Aurora Civic Center Authority and all its entities. The candidate must have a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion and to amplifying the voices of the global majority, and oversee our Theater for Young Audiences program.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES – The Partnerships Manager will assist the Director of Education and Community Engagement and other team members in many department and organization-wide responsibilities. The Partnerships Manager will be responsible for outreach within our community on behalf of PSA and ACCA. The Partnerships Manager will also be responsible for establishing partnerships with local public and private schools, and other organizations in Aurora and surrounding areas to create a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive community within the school for all.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES –
- Establish and nurture teacher/school relationships within our community
- Create and report on annual budgets
- Develop and execute goals for school and community relationships
- Serve as artistic producer for our Theater for Young Audiences program
- Write grants and contracts
- Organize and staff Masterclass Series
- Create partnerships with Aurora community organizations working with the Programs Manager to develop collaborative events and programs
- Represent PSA/ACCA at festivals, fairs, First Fridays, and other community events
- Create marketing and social media content for programs and events in collaboration with the Marketing department
- Maintain records/notes/accounting in electronic databases
- Assist the Director and other management team members with daily operations of the school
- Other duties as mutually agreed upon
As an organization, ACCA is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion. The Partnerships Manager will actively be a part of this commitment, to help ACCA consider and implement good practice on equity, diversity and inclusion across all work.
In addition to the duties listed above, ACCA expects the following of each employee: adheres to ACCA’s policies and procedures; works in a safe manner; performs duties as workload necessitates; maintains a positive and respectful attitude; communicates regularly with supervisor about department issues; demonstrates efficient time management and prioritizes workload; demonstrates regular and consistent attendance and punctuality; meets productivity standards; participates in ACCA events as needed or required; and completes other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS and ABILITIES –
- Management and hiring experience
- Customer service experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fluency in Spanish language is preferred, but not required
- Experience in the arts or arts education is preferred, but not required
- Intermediate computer skills
- Experience with MS Word and Excel
- Adobe Creative Suite (experience helpful, but not necessary)
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a cover letter and resume using the online job application at https://paramountaurora.com/opportunities/ or click on the link below:
Or mail/drop off to: Aurora Civic Center Authority, ATTN: Jessica Duplessis, 8 East Galena Blvd., Suite 230, Aurora, IL 60506
ACCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment, and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability status, marital or familial status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ACCA encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, women, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, veterans, and others who are eager to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.