WHAT IS HAPPENING AT THE CHAMBER?
Content goes here!
Operations Cleaning Staff at RiverEdge Park
RiverEdge Park – Operations Cleaning StaffThe Aurora Civic Center Authority (ACCA), an innovative organization located on Stolp Island in the Fox River in the heart of the richly diverse community of historic Aurora, Illinois (one hour from downtown Chicago), is seeking Operations Cleaning Crew. ACCA is the parent organization, which also includes a 501(c)3 arm under the name of Paramount Arts Centre, Inc. It operates three performance venues: the 6,000-person RiverEdge Park, the 1,843-seat landmark Paramount Theatre, and the 165-seat Copley Theatre. ACCA produces and presents over 300 performances each year, including star-studded touring productions and a self-produced Broadway Series of musicals for an annual audience of 350,000 patrons from over 250 communities. ACCA proudly operates the Paramount School of the Arts in the new John C. Dunham Aurora Arts Center, right next door to Paramount Theatre in downtown Aurora, and the company looks forward to producing a new, Bold Series of plays and musicals in the newly renovated Copley Theatre beginning in the 2021-2022 season. Paramount Theatre also hosts free community events, $1 Classic Movie Mondays and its opulent interiors provide a spectacular backdrop for private functions such as wedding receptions or corporate galas. Across the street from Paramount Theatre are the gorgeous Meyer Ballrooms which play host to multiple wedding receptions and rental events throughout the year.
The Aurora Civic Center Authority is committed to being a defining catalyst for personal and community transformation by:
- making the performing arts accessible for every age and socioeconomic background,
- introducing the magic of live theater across generations to encourage expansive imaginations and broad views of people and the world,
- and contributing to the future stability and growth of Aurora’s downtown.
The highest purpose of any theater is to inspire its community toward a more perfect humanity. Such humanity can exist only when every member of the community is included and valued, empowered and heard. To express this truth, ACCA commits its leaders, volunteers, artists and staff to the active, continual and accountable pursuit of the following principles: equity, inclusion and diversity.
ACCA truly believes and lives by its mission statement and its commitment to equity, social justice and inclusion.
DEPARTMENT – Front of House Operations
DIRECT REPORTING – Operational Cleaning Manager
WORKS CLOSELY WITH – Operations, Audience Services and Production
POSITION STATUS & SCHEDULE – Seasonal, Part-time, hourly; hours vary and will include evenings and weekends and are event dependent
COMPENSATION – Hourly position
HIRE DATE – June 2021
POSITION SUMMARY – Maintain and care for RiverEdge Park (REP) located at 360 N. Broadway.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES –
- Provide exemplary customer service to all patrons and event attendees
- Pick up litter and trash throughout the park
- Periodic walkthrough inspections of the entire park to check cleanliness throughout the duration of the event
- Set up and removal of garbage cans
- Ensure cleanliness of the bathrooms
- Stock bathroom supplies as needed
- Remove garbage from all receptacles
- Sweep, clean, and mop floor surfaces
- Clean backstage areas, including dressing rooms
- Perform periodic and special cleaning as requested
- Respond to emergency requests as needed by your manager
- Complete tasks in a timely manner with minimal supervision
- Be able to work safely with a variety of cleaning supplies
- Adhere to all applicable health and safety regulations
- Report safety or security violations immediately to supervisor
- Report maintenance deficiencies and items in need of repair
In addition to the duties listed above, ACCA expects the following of each employee: adheres to ACCA’s policies and procedures; works in a safe manner; performs duties as workload necessitates; maintains a positive and respectful attitude; communicates regularly with supervisor about department issues; demonstrates efficient time management and prioritizes workload; demonstrates regular and consistent attendance and punctuality; meets productivity standards; participates in ACCA events as needed or required; and completes other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS and ABILITIES –
- Ability to lift/carry 25+ pounds
- Ability to work weekdays, weekends and holidays, including overnight hours
- Prolonged lifting, stooping, bending and twisting for extended periods of time
- Manual dexterity and strength to operate power-operated machines
- Stamina, good physical condition. Ability to be on your feet for extended periods of time in an outdoor environment in all weather conditions
- Detail oriented and conscientious
- Self-motivated and the ability to identify and complete needed tasks without direct supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Positive attitude and the ability to work well alone or in a team environment
- Work in a fast-paced, outdoor environment in conditions such as loud noise, low lighting and all varieties of weather
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a cover letter and resume using the online job application at https://paramountaurora.com/opportunities/
Or mail/drop off to: Aurora Civic Center Authority, ATTN: (Elliot Samartano), 8 East Galena Blvd., Suite 230, Aurora, IL 60506
ACCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment, and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability status, marital or familial status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ACCA encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, women, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, veterans, and others who are eager to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.