Banquet Set Up Crew
Banquet Set Up Crew
The Aurora Civic Center Authority (ACCA), an innovative organization located on Stolp Island in the Fox River in the heart of the richly diverse community of historic Aurora, Illinois (one hour from downtown Chicago), is seeking a part-time Banquet Set Up Crew. ACCA is the parent organization, which also includes a 501(c)3 arm under the name of Paramount Arts Centre, Inc. It operates three performance venues: the 6,000-person RiverEdge Park, the 1,843-seat landmark Paramount Theatre, and the 165-seat Copley Theatre. ACCA produces and presents over 300 performances each year, including star-studded touring productions and a self-produced Broadway Series of musicals for an annual audience of 350,000 patrons from over 250 communities. ACCA proudly operates the Paramount School of the Arts in the new John C. Dunham Aurora Arts Center, right next door to Paramount Theatre in downtown Aurora, and the company looks forward to producing a new, Bold Series of plays and musicals in the newly renovated Copley Theatre beginning in the 2022 season. Paramount Theatre also hosts free community events, $1 Classic Movie Mondays and its opulent interiors provide a spectacular backdrop for private functions such as wedding receptions or corporate galas. Across the street from Paramount Theatre are the gorgeous Meyer Ballrooms which play host to multiple wedding receptions and rental events throughout the year.
The Aurora Civic Center Authority is committed to being a defining catalyst for personal and community transformation by:
- making the performing arts accessible for every age and socioeconomic background,
- introducing the magic of live theater across generations to encourage expansive imaginations and broad views of people and the world,
- and contributing to the future stability and growth of Aurora’s downtown.
The highest purpose of any theater is to inspire its community toward a more perfect humanity. Such humanity can exist only when every member of the community is included and valued, empowered and heard. To express this truth, ACCA commits its leaders, volunteers, artists and staff to the active, continual and accountable pursuit of the following principles: equity, inclusion and diversity.
ACCA truly believes and lives by its mission statement and its commitment to equity, social justice and inclusion.
The ideal candidate will be…
- Able to take minimal directions to complete room set-up, tear-down and other preparations.
- Able to handle fast-paced environments.
- Able to maintain a professional demeanor while working with clients present.
- Available for early morning and late night hours.
- Able to stand for long periods of time.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
DIRECT REPORTING – Special Events Director
WORKS CLOSELY WITH –Event Coordinators
POSITION STATUS & SCHEDULE – Part-time, hourly; hours vary, including evenings and weekends and are event dependent
COMPENSATION –$16.00 per hour
HIRE DATE – Immediate
- Must ensure that all spaces are properly set in a timely manner.
- Follow layouts as described on the event sheets and floor plans without guidance.
- Assist is resetting equipment while an event is occurring.
- Responsible for timely and safe breakdown of rooms after event completion.
- Organize and clean banquet storage rooms and linen storage shelves.
- Assist in moving concessions products and bar equipment.
- Change the marquee.
- Launder, fold, and place linens.
- To assist guests in various areas such as coat check, greeting & directing guests, taking/scanning tickets, passing out programs, selling merchandise, seating guests and other misc. duties.
- Responsible for timely arrival and attendance at a pre-event meeting.
- Able to work with volunteer ushers and also clients provided staff or ushers.
- Be a friendly and helpful face to guests in our venues.
- Other duties as assigned.
In addition to the duties listed above, ACCA expects the following of each employee: adheres to ACCA’s policies and procedures; works in a safe manner; performs duties as workload necessitates; maintains a positive and respectful attitude; communicates regularly with supervisor about department issues; demonstrates efficient time management and prioritizes workload; demonstrates regular and consistent attendance and punctuality; meets productivity standards; participates in ACCA events as needed or required, and completes other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Ability to exert up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time without sitting or leaning.
- Possess the ability to bend, stretch, twist or reach with your body and arms, work under variable temperatures and noise levels.
- Ability to operate a scanner and be able to reboot it if necessary.
- Able to provide and wear a uniform of black pants, dark shoes, and white button down collared shirt.
- Must possess good communication skills and be willing to assist guests.
- Willing to work long shifts.
- Availability as all rental events require, including nights and weekends.
TO APPLY – Please submit a cover letter and resume using the online job application at https://paramountaurora.com/opportunities/ or click on the link below.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a cover letter and resume using the online job application at https://paramountaurora.com/opportunities/
Or mail/drop off to: Aurora Civic Center Authority, ATTN: (Jennifer Hahn), 8 East Galena Blvd., Suite 230, Aurora, IL 60506
ACCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment, and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability status, marital or familial status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ACCA encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, women, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, veterans, and others who are eager to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
ACCA participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, ACCA is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating the employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.
Job Search in Illinoishttps://www.illinoisjobnetwork.com/