As the key administrative support for the Executive Director and Park Board of Commissioners, this individual maintains confidentiality and professionalism representing the voice of the Executive Director to employees and supervisors alike. Serves as a supportive arm to the Director of Talent & Culture to perform elements of HRIS system management, employee onboarding and record management.
- Assume daily responsibility for the accomplishment of a wide variety of administrative functions and tasks related to the smooth operation of the Executive Director’s office.
- Prepare and distribute accurate and detailed minutes for open and closed session Park Board meetings, Cross Communication Meetings and Leadership Team meetings.
- Serve as an Open Meetings Act Officer which includes reviewing Executive Session minutes and maintaining and destroying closed session recordings while preserving confidential information.
- Manage special projects as needed including the Distinguished Accreditation Agency program.
- Transcribe or develop confidential correspondence, reports, memoranda, minutes, media clippings, statements, and other materials; create letters, reports, notices, forms, and other materials from rough copy.
- Act as administrator for the Extranet which includes adding and deleting users, creating groups, loading and unloading data onto the Extranet.
- Operate PC based word processing, presentation, spreadsheet, database and email software related computer programs to create specialized reports and presentations; receives, edits and summarizes material for preparation of reports.
- Prepare memos, reports and correspondence to ensure that proper legal documents and Park Board related records are signed and followed through with appropriate individuals.
- Post annual Board Meeting schedule and monthly agenda for Park Board meetings at appropriate locations. Upload Board Meeting minutes and agenda to the Park District website; route the agenda to the marketing department for dissemination to the media.
- Serve as the Executive Director’s main point of contact for research and preparation of Board packets.
- Coordinate with the Executive Director and the Board Secretary on the election process for the Board of Commissioners and assist with new Board Member orientations.
- Maintain, update, distribute and file Park District ordinances, resolutions and policy manuals.
- Provide project and clerical support to Department Heads at the Executive Director’s discretion.
- Perform routine tasks to administer and support human resource programs including but not limited to: scheduling candidate interviews, assisting with the onboarding process ensuring processes are followed and supporting the coordination of Open Enrollment activities.
- Serve as a point of contact for administration of the HRIS, including but not limited to set up, troubleshooting and following up with candidates to ensure high standards of customer service are being met.
- Assist human resources with coordination of onboarding, record retention and HRIS system maintenance.
- Manage the Park District’s association memberships (NRPA, IPRA, IAPD, etc.)
- Cross communicate with other local governmental agencies as well as Park District residents.
- Maintain Executive Director’s calendar by scheduling appointments, meetings, travel and conference registrations. In addition, arrange travel and conference registration for Park Board and Department Heads.
- Direct public inquiries to appropriate staff. Provide administrative backup support for the District’s front office during certain times throughout the year.
- Maintain a variety of files both of a routine and confidential nature including legal and land acquisition related documentation.
- Perform administrative duties that include but are not limited to: writing, filing, copying, emailing, scanning and faxing information.
- Maintain a tickler file of District agreements and items of a recurring nature, and initiate review and/or action for follow-up.
- Oversee the permanent and safe storage and upkeep of official District records; coordinate the maintenance of all District files.
- Perform the job safely and in compliance with District policies, procedures, safety rules, and the Administrative and Personnel Policy Manuals.
Job Search in Illinoishttps://www.illinoisjobnetwork.com/