Batavia Township Office Manager and General Assistance Case Manager
We are seeking a qualified team member able to make a difference working with Township staff and the community. The ideal candidate will establish and maintain positive relationships with residents and staff by communicating clearly and professionally.
- Provide efficient office operations.
- Respond to Township residents and staff and provide exemplary customer service.
- Ensure compliance with Township policies.
- Enter invoices and maintain accounting data in the online version of QuickBooks.
- Enter General Fund and Road Fund bills on a regular basis.
- Prepare bills for payment and print checks to be approved at monthly Board meeting.
- Prepare and distribute materials for monthly Board meeting.
- Post meeting agenda and minutes on website.
- Maintain Supervisor’s portion of the website.
- Prepare monthly IMRF reporting required to transfer Township funds to IMRF.
- Validate payroll reports to assure accurate monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting.
- Maintain township files.
- Exhibit an understanding of the General Assistance and Emergency Assistance Handbooks.
- Respond to requests for General Assistance and Emergency Assistance.
- Schedule personal interviews with General Assistance and Emergency Assistance applicants during regular office hours.
- Issue payment to approved clients and conduct ongoing appointments as required.
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, social work, or related field
- Prior office support experience
- Strong critical thinking and interpersonal skills with ability to work independently
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office, especially database management and reporting
- Prior experience with QuickBooks Online
- Comprehensive knowledge of Accounts Payable procedures
- Able to show compassion and sensitivity to Township residents seeking assistance
- Understanding of political demands placed upon Township government
Scheduled Hours: Monday-Friday 9am – 4pm with a one hour paid lunch. 35 hours per week.
Starting salary: $25 per hour paid biweekly
Benefits: health insurance, life insurance, vacation leave, holiday leave, sick leave, participation in the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF), and consistent support for ongoing professional development.
Interested applicants, please call Batavia Township Supervisor Leigh Tracy at 630-879-1392