WHAT IS HAPPENING AT THE CHAMBER?
Content goes here!
Suburban Real Estate Services is a 30-year-old commercial real estate firm headquartered in Naperville, IL. Our management portfolio is comprised of office, industrial, and retail buildings.
We are seeking a Property Accountant to help manage commercial properties throughout Chicagoland.
Job Summary: This position is responsible for all accounting functions related to commercial real estate properties. The Property Accountant will have daily interaction with Property Managers, Vendors, Tenants, Lenders, Construction Managers, Association Boards and Property Owners.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accounts Receivable; billing tenants, cash receipts, reconciling tenant ledgers.
- Accounts Payable; paying vendor bills, lender payments, and real estate taxes.
- Monthly Close Process: prepare month end postings, reconcile bank statements, and prepare financial statements, including cash forecasting reports.
- Annual Close Process; prepare year-end postings and reconciliations, 1099’s and tax accountant interaction.
- Revenues and Expense monitoring, including variance reporting.
- Construction Project Accounting, including labor, material and subcontractors tracking.
- Preparation of Lender Escrow requests, draws and disbursements.
- Preparation (assist) of capital budgets, annual budgets and mid-year budgets
- Preparation (assist) of Operating Expense/CAM and Real Estate Tax reconciliation.
- Assist co-workers with special projects.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting with at least three (3) years of general ledger and financial statement preparation a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel and Word.
- “AppFolio” or similar property accounting software experience preferred, including Kardin.
- Knowledge of lease administration; abstracts, rent rolls, tenant “move in” and “move out”.
- Experience with Operating Expenses/CAM and Real Estate Tax billings and reconciliations.
- Commercial Real Estate experience helpful.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Strong communication skills.
- Detail oriented.
Compensation commensurate with experience. Insurance, Benefits, and generous PTO available.
Will consider both part-time and full-time.