Provide administrative support for the Volunteer Engagement Program. Ensure proper communication, systems and procedures that enhance the volunteer, donor, and client experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in recruitment of volunteers for use in all aspects of the organization where appropriate while paying particular attention to the corporate community, faith community, and civic groups.
- Support the development of a strong presence in the community via tabling, outreach, or conducting direct recruitment activities to promote Volunteer Engagement Program.
- Responsible for timely correspondence with current and potential volunteers.
- Assist with public speaking opportunities to promote the Volunteer Engagement Program and MGI in general.
- Update, organize, and maintain volunteer files in accordance with ICADV and ICASA policies and procedures
- Maintain records in Volgistics and utilize program to ensure efficient and organized record keeping, calendaring, communication, and reporting.
- Organize volunteer support for fundraising and special events.
- Coordinate Community Service Program to help with the daily janitorial and other facility needs.
- Assist in the planning, organization, and implement of a volunteer recognition program.
- Coordinate and supervise volunteer group projects.
- Analyze data and prepare reports to evaluate services, capacity, as needed.
- Coordinate all in-kind donations and keep inventory on in-kind needs of agency.
- Contribute to the development of positive team relationships within the department and across MGI
- Attend Advancement Team meetings
- Act in accordance with MGI, ICADV, and ICASA policies and procedures
- Demonstrate integrity and professionalism in interactions with clients, staff, volunteers and donors
- Ensure client confidentiality at all times
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Proven ability to work with a variety of people (including groups)
- Excellent communication, planning and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Be self-directed and able to manage overall goals while accomplishing multiple tasks
- Demonstrate personal integrity and a professional image in all interactions with volunteers, clients and staff
- Computer and general technology/software proficiency
- Acceptance and respect for diversity of culture, sexual orientation, gender identity, ability, and religious belief
- DCFS Training and Mandated Reporter Certification required (to be completed upon hire)
- 60-Hour Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Training Certification required (to be completed upon hire)
Standard office environment. Will be required to travel to various locations throughout MGI service area to promote Volunteer Engagement Program and support recruitment efforts. Some evening and weekend hours are required. Attendance at events outside the facility may be required.
Send resume and cover letter to: